GDR Surveyors is committed to protecting your privacy. We value our visitors and endeavour to create an enjoyable and safe experience when visiting our website at gdrsurveyors.co.uk (the “website”).
- About us
- What personal data we collect via the website
- How we collect personal data via the website
- How and why we use the personal data collected
- How GDR Surveyors shares personal data
- International transfers
- Controlling your personal information
- How long GDR Surveyors keeps personal data
- An introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies
- ABOUT US
GDR Surveyors is a data controller and is responsible for the processing of your personal data on this website. GDR Surveyors is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA008432
The website is not intended to be used by children under the age of 18.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT VIA THE WEBSITE
‘Personal data’ means any data which can be associated with you as an individual, either directly or indirectly. We collect different information depending on how you use the website and how you interact with us.
If you use our website or services, we may collect the following information about you:
- Identity information, such as your name.
- Contact data, such as your email address, address, and phone number.
- Technical data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
- Usage data, which includes information about how you use the website, and any communications we may receive from you.
- Marketing and communications data, including your preferences in receiving marketing and other communications from us.
We do not collect ‘special categories’ of personal data through the website. (‘Special categories’ of data include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, or health information). We also do not collect information about criminal convictions and offences.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA VIA THE WEBSITE
Different personal data is collected in different ways.
- a) Personal data you provide to GDR Surveyors
You will provide GDR Surveyors with personal data when you correspond with GDR Surveyors via the website, either on your own behalf or on behalf of an organisation. You will also provide us with personal data when you subscribe to receiving marketing from us. Your information may also be stored in a CRM system for internal record keeping.
- b) Personal data we collect automatically
- HOW AND WHY WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
GDR Surveyors will only use your information where:
- GDR Surveyors needs it to perform a contract or provide a service that you or your organisation has asked for
For example, GDR Surveyors may need your contact, identity, technical and/or usage information to contact you in order to respond to a question you have asked us via the website. We use the personal data you give us to understand your needs and provide you with more information for the product(s)/service(s) you have requested via the website.
- GDR Surveyors has a legitimate interest (reasonable business purpose) for doing so
GDR Surveyors will use your information for its legitimate business reasons where doing so will not unduly affect your rights.
GDR Surveyors may use your identity, contact and usage information to:
- keep its records up to date; and
- send you communications and updates in respect of the website which GDR Surveyors considers to be important.
GDR Surveyors may use your technical information to:
- provide and make improvements to the website, website maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, and troubleshooting;
- improve our products and services. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- ensure that the website is secure;
- analyse how users interact with the website; and
- address any issues you may experience with the website.
GDR Surveyors may use any or all of the information above to administer and manage its business in general, and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
If you feel that your interests and fundamental rights outweigh GDR Surveyors business purposes, and that GDR Surveyors should therefore stop processing your data, please let us know.
- You have consented to it
If you sign up to GDR Surveyors marketing via the website, GDR Surveyors will send you marketing information that you have consented to receive. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by phone, text or mail, where you consented to us doing this. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing from such communications.
- GDR Surveyors needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
In certain circumstances, GDR Surveyors may need to retain or use your data to comply with regulations and/or the law.
- HOW GDR SURVEYORS SHARES PERSONAL DATA
GDR Surveyors may need to share some of your personal data with our technical services providers in order to provide the website to you.
Your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to potential or actual buyers of, investors into or lenders to our business or any of our assets, or any of the advisors or representatives of the above. If so, we will ensure that appropriate confidentiality terms are in place.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The website is hosted on servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a recipient in a third country in the absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we take care to ensure that our data exports are compliant with data privacy law.
If you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us, we store your personal data with our third-party provider(s) whose servers are located outside of the EEA. Our third-party provider(s) are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US, and means that the transfer is in accordance with European data privacy laws.
For further information, and/or to obtain copies of the relevant documents, please contact us at email@example.com.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights over your personal data. You may:
- require GDR Surveyors to rectify the personal data we hold about you, where that data is incorrect;
- require that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- require that, in certain circumstances, we delete the personal information we hold about you;
- require that we provide you with the information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and/or
- withdraw your consent to GDR Surveyors using your data for marketing purposes at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, be grateful if you would contact GDR Surveyors at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance so we can endeavour to deal with your concerns direct.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact GDR Surveyors at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, GDR Surveyors will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
For further information about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
- HOW LONG GDR SURVEYORS KEEPS PERSONAL DATA
GDR Surveyors will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes GDR Surveyors collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, GDR Surveyors considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which GDR Surveyors processes your personal data and whether GDR Surveyors can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you require any further information about how long we retain your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
- EXTERNAL LINKS
A cookie is a small data file that is automatically placed onto your computer’s hard drive. Cookie files are created by our website and placed onto your device in order to analyse and influence your preferences or behaviour. Analytical cookies are designed to track your journey and experience on our website – so that we may tailor your experience and gather data. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most modern web browsers will automatically allow cookies to be placed onto your device. However, you can usually modify your browser’s settings in order to prevent any cookies from being placed onto your device. Setting your browser to block cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
- COOKIES USED BY OUR WEBSITE
COOKIES DEPLOYED BY OUR WEBSITE:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via popular social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via online forms
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
COOKIES ARE NOT DEPLOYED TO:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
- Social network sharing
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our profile on the popular social media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make ‘Social Sharing’ accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as Add This. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
- Analytical tracking
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google’s Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
- Cookie consent check
Upon your first visit to our website, you will notice a subtle banner on the page alerting you to the fact that cookies are being placed onto your computer by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store a cookie which expires after the set amount of days below (see table).
Our website, either in full or in part, is built on the popular open-source CMS framework – WordPress. WordPress utilises cookies to allow visitors to register, login and comment on our website’s content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, WordPress will not deploy any cookies onto your device. Cookies will only be created by WordPress if you actively register or comment via the clear forms on our website.
- Enquiry Forms
Our website’s visitors can choose to contact us via form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with anti-spam challenges which ensure the visitor is an actual living person, rather than a computer bot or spider.
- ACTUAL COOKIES DEPLOYED
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
This cookie is set by our website once you have seen and acknowledged our Cookie banner. This cookie will expire and automatically delete itself after 14 days.
Google Analytics (Universal)
The single default cookie for Google Universal Analytics. This sole cookie used by Goole Analytics stores a unique client identifier (Client ID) which is set randomly. This cookie is set to expire after 24 months (2 years) and is refreshed each time you visit our website.
Serveral WordPress Settings cookies may be set if you log into the website. The number on the end is your individual user ID from the users database table. This is used to customise your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface.
These WordPress session cookies are created if and when you log into WordPress either as an administrator or contributor to the website.
If you choose to submit a discussion/comment to our website, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.
This cookie records your device’s pixel ratio. If your screen resolution is a retina or Hi DPI screen, then the website may choose to serve you higher resolution graphics.
- HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet, then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.